sequins1HomeAbout MeBest of MeAdvertise with MeContact MeSequins2

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Weekend Recap: Boilermaker Style Part 1

You might not know, but I spent my freshman year at Purdue University, getting to know with these girls:
Christine is my little Indian Princess and probably the sweetest gal I know while Kelsey is even sassier than I am ;)

They knew each other and were best friends from high school so I was nervous about us all getting along. Silly me, because we got along like white on rice. I could not be happier with my random roomie situation and they were literally the highlight of my short time at Purdue.

The three of us were random roommates, plus another girl (but that's another story for later), who lived together in a tiny dorm "apartment" our freshman year. It was one of the best years of my life.
Our first Christmas, December 2008




Favorite football game EVER.  We went to every single home game (thanks for the season tickets papa!) and I've even been to a few U of I ones, but this one, this one was the best one I've been to hands down. 

Well since I've left these lovely ladies back in Indiana, we have been faithful about keeping up with visits back an forth to each other. We have a running New Years tradition which switches off hometowns each year....
                                                                                    &

But this past weekend was Kelsey's 22nd birthday AND Purdue's Homecoming game against U of I. Does it get any more perfect than that? Nope!

Well I traveled my little happy butt the 1 1/2 hours to Purdue Thursday after my midterm.  We went out and had a ton of fun at an off campus bar where I surprisingly saw a ton of people that I know! We ended the night around 2:30 and little did we know the surprises we had in store for us tomorrow.

Well the girls had class/work Friday so I just got to hang out around campus and at the apartment. It was about noon when we got the news that our friend Jeryn's parked car had been hit last night by some crazy girl trying to drunkenly park her car! Luckily the police were driving by when it happened and arrested her, but the damage to the car was already done.

They were literally ON TOP OF EACH OTHER! (Jeryn's car is the grey/silver one and was pushed into the space next to the one she originally parked in!)

And we weren't done with the surprises yet because one of the other girls visiting for Kelsey's birthday had her car towed! So we took her to go pick it up & she had to drop about $150 to get it back. Thankfully we stayed in that night and just played funny games like "Would you rather" and "Never have I ever" so we could wake up at 5am to go to Breakfast Club.

Breakfast Club is a Purdue tradition where everyone over 21 dresses up in costumes on game days and goes out to the bars at 6 am.  I had so much fun! I went as a loofah....
                                   Excuse the bad picture, we were taken off guard while getting ready!

and I have officially been to every bar on Purdue's campus! I guess I can check that off my bucket list now :)  But it was definitely funny to see the differences in campus life between the two schools. I liked aspects of both but I'm very happy to be home on my own campus this weekend!

Here's hoping this Halloween weekend is as fun as my one at Purdue!

Pink Kisses & Wishes,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment