sequins1HomeAbout MeBest of MeAdvertise with MeContact MeSequins2

Friday, December 2, 2011

Roomie Lovin'

For my senior year, I definitely wanted to room with someone I knew I would get along with and who would be fun even when I wasn't feeling it. And I am totally one of the lucky ones who had AWESOME random roommates both years that I lived in the dorms, so obviously I wanted to keep my track record up for my senior year!

Freshman year at Purdue I lived with Kelsey and Christine (I've referenced them before here)

We were getting ready to go out for the evening and stopped to take a pic! 


and Sophomore year, I lived with Jen, my future pledge mama to be!

This was taken at an exchange our sophomore year, we were 40's pin ups!

Junior year, I lived by myself. And senior year, I picked to live with my best friend Heather. (We also live with a girl we went to high school with, but she's a grad student and almost never home:( )
This was taken our senior year of high school in the car on our way to dinner

Now, I know that '"you're not supposed to room with friends because those are usually the people who you don't end up getting along with and it ruins the friendship". Well, Heath and I have been friends for almost 8 years and we've been on countless vacations together (each others family vacations, spring break trips, after prom Wisconsin Dells trips) so I wasn't too worried about it. We're also the friends that know each other so well we know when to leave the other one alone and when to call her out for acting/being cranky.  Whatever, it works for us and that's all that matters :)


Well this year, we have a tradition where whoever is home first will start making a "roomie dinner" and we usually accompany this with wine or even margaritas if it's Spanish night;)  

Yesterday it was my turn and I made Tomato Basil chicken with twice baked potatoes, corn, and garlic bread. 

::nom nom nom::

And we were sure to accompany it with our Welches Sparkling Grape Juice! Not even sorry bout it;) Everything was delicious and I'm glad that we're keeping up with this tradition! What did you have for dinner?


Pink Kisses & Wishes,
Mallory

1 comment:

  1. bahahahaha. I love sparkling grape juice! It's better than wine ANY DAY!

    I've never roomed with a best friend (I was assigned a random roomie freshman year and had a private room sophomore year, then moved back home), so I've often wondered if I'd survive living with a friend.

    ReplyDelete